Search Box

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Why the internet is so great

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2009/10/obama-like-me-roman-please.html

This is a link to one of the funniest, cleverest pieces of writing I've ever read. The writer has an intimate knowledge of both Roman history and Ebonics, making him a polymath of the highest order.

This piece would never have been published by the mainstream media, which, in its primly censorious liberal way, steers clear of any mockery of Obama.

But now that we have the internet, everything is fair game. Information and humor can flow freely, unimpeded by the strictures of political correctness.

There is an old expression, "There's freedom of the press for those who own the press." Thanks to modern technology, we all own it now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link John. I have been away and off the grid and missing the entertainment. I can see why you like this, particularly given its high/lowbrow counterpoint.
G

John Craig said...

Guy -- You put your finger on it exactly. It's that high/low counterpoint that makes it so funny/entertaining. (I wish I could write like that, but since my background is pretty much low/low, I am unable.)

Anonymous said...

You can try on a comment like your last sentence, but we're not buying it!
G

John Craig said...

Seriously, if I could write that well, I would.

John Craig said...

PS -- Thank you for proving my response to your comment on "Schools and the natural instincts" true.

Anonymous said...

Very entertaining. I'd like to see it as a comedian's monologue on Utube.

Emily said...

Isn't it obvious most of the people nowadays can't live without internet and almost every business needs internet connection for their particular business transactions.

Anonymous said...

I think that we are all grateful for the internet.

- Susan