Search Box

Friday, March 16, 2012

New campaign slogan needed

It's 2012, and Obama can't use "Hope and change" anymore, since he's the incumbent. His campaign staff hasn't come up with pithy new slogan yet, so here are a few suggestions:


The hero of the Osama killing

Death to the capitalists

Don't get cocky Greece -- we're catching up!

It was all Bush's fault

In the second term the gloves come off

Look for the union label

Bowing to the world


Extending the recession Four More Years

I don't forget my donors

Shovel-ready politics

Leading from behind

Let's really unleash Eric Holder

Leadership as cost-effective as green energy

Reelect me or there'll be riots

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My personal slogan for the upcoming election "I'm hoping for change".
G

John Craig said...

G --
I hope that gets wider currency.

Anonymous said...

John,
Outstanding post, as always.
The sad point is that all your slogans are very true. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see one of them hit the main stream media before November.
Thanks for putting a smile on my face.
Mad Dog
stclamen wimarequ

John Craig said...

Mad Dog --
Thank you, but you'll have to translate those last two words for me. Or are they another Obama slogan? (They make more sense than most of his policies.)

Anonymous said...

Another slogan idea:

Oh, bummer! 4 more years
G

John Craig said...

G -- That would be.

Pete said...

The hope and change sloganeering the first time is now the subject of ridicule at how people went for what appears to have been a cynical manipulation of people's desire for something different. He has to be re-branded this time around, but, as you ask, how?
I suspect they'll rely a lot on smears, fake claims, the whole shebang of dirty tricks. When someone has nothing much in the way of accomplishment the only strategy might be to just drag others down.

John Craig said...

Pete --
I'm sure you're right. Obama has already started to make sneering references to Romney, and he's not even officially the candidate yet.