Search Box

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The royal baby name

Evidently there is a fair amount of betting going on in London right now about what the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will name their new prince.

The favorites are George, with the odds of that at 9/4, and James, at 11/4. Other names with fairly short odds include Alexander, Henry, and Louis. Long shots are Daniel and Andrew.

I sincerely hope they don't give their baby any of those boring names.

It would be far more interesting and exciting if they would consider naming the prince Jamaal, or Hakeem. Or maybe Dajuan, or Donte, or LeShon, or Majique, or L'Zereck.

The possibilities for creativity in this situation are endless.

They might even, in honor of -- and sympathy with -- a young man who seems on the verge of canonization, name their son Trayvon. That would demonstrate true cross-Atlantic solidarity.

In fact, if I may be so bold, I would appreciate it very much if any of my readers who happen to be members of the British royal family would be willing to pass my suggestions along to William and Kate.

I feel so strongly about this that I am going to fly to London tomorrow to see if I can gain an audience. If not, at least I'll be placing a few bets.

(If I don't write for a few days, it's because I'm in England.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://youtu.be/-O4BbMisj6s

John Craig said...

Anon --
I actually recognize some of those names as real names that have been given to unfortunate children.

Anonymous said...

Love Shirley Q. lol

Remnant said...

"name their son Trayvon"

lol. Hilarious post. Have fun in England.

Anonymous said...

A better fit for the New Britain would have him named Muhammad.

John Craig said...

Remnant --
Thank you, I intend to.

Anon --
A Brit told me somewhat bitterly recently that a fun game to play while in London is see how far you can walk before you hear two people speaking English.

bluffcreek1967 said...

I think they should name the baby "Muhammad Trayvon Shabazz" in keeping with Britain's Muslim, third-world death wish. That way when the Muslims fully take over the UK, their son won't have an problem fitting in.

John Craig said...

Ambrose --
It seems al of Western Europe has a death wish along those lines now.

Glen Filthie said...

LOL. That was just rotten!

I am just glad the kid is white. After seeing what that half wit half black bastid in the Whitehouse is doing - maybe we need fewer coloured leaders with funny names...?

Don't eat the food and stay safe!