Search Box

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Rodman. Dennis Rodman.

I was talking to a liberal a few days ago when she suggested -- I kid you not -- that Dennis Rodman was a spy for the CIA, and that was why he was going to North Korea.


The idea that Rodman might be a spy for the CIA draws on a few liberal memes.

One is that intelligence is irrelevant to one's role in society. (Madonna, who had an affair with Rodman, later made fun of him to her friends for his "85 IQ." How she came by that number is questionable, but he's never done much to disprove her.)

Another is that personal responsibility and clean living are stultifying, outdated concepts. (Rodman is an alcoholic who has been arrested for driving under the influence twice, driving without a license once, and domestic violence twice.)

Another is that one form of personal expression is as good as another. (See above picture.)

I will admit, however, that if Dennis Rodman is a spy for the CIA, and is going to Pyongyang to gauge the North Korean economy, the mood of the populace, and track their troop movements, it is an absolute stroke of genius. He has the best cover story ever. And he has spent his entire adult life perfecting it.

I don't buy it though.

I told the liberal woman I'd sooner believe the Men in Black take on Rodman: that he is a space alien.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. It's highly unlikely that Dennis Rodman would act as a spy for the CIA. If I were him, I would pray that the head of that country (who is a psycho - he's had his uncle executed, an ex-girlfriend executed, etc.) would have no interest in me, leaving me alone. Personally, I wouldn't step into that country - it's too scary of a place to be.

-birdie

John Craig said...

Birdie --
Agreed completely. Kim Jong-un is a scary guy, every bit as bad as his father. And look at what they do to foreigners who happen to cross the border, intentionally or not. Not sure how Rodman got entree.

Anonymous said...

If I was dating someone borderline-retarded, I think I'd keep that fact close to the vest, and then burn the vest.

John Craig said...

Anon --
Ha!

Madonna has never kept anything close to the vest, or close to those spiky pointed breast coverings, or whatever look she is affecting at the moment.

Dave Moriarty said...

i have had my criticisms of the CIA in the past( Iraq and WMD when we find out they didn't have a toaster) but i think this move with Rodman is genius. With a leader feeding hisuncle to starving dogs you need to be a bit more open tot he unconventional and i don't think you can get any more unconventional than Rodman. BTW I was in a fitness center with Rodman once ( around 2003) and the guy is incredibly strong. so if he is over there doing the work of spy lets hope he doesn't have to serve in the capacity of a dog trainer while he is there.

John Craig said...

Dave --
Ha! I was actually just thinking this evening, what could I write about Kim Jong Un having fed his uncle to the dogs, and I couldn't come up with anything other than to basically sputter and say, wow. Rodman better watch hi step when he's over there.