Search Box

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

How does Jenner feel about Dolezal?

It's gotta sorta suck for Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner that right after his moment in the spotlight, right after the Left had worked so hard to celebrate his coming out, along comes Rachel Dolezal to not only steal his thunder, but to effectively make a mockery of his transformation.

A number of people have pointed out that if one person can be transsexual another ought to be allowed to be transracial. They have a point: if gender is a social construct, then so is race. (In fact, haven't some on the Left actually been saying all along that race is a social construct?)

And if people are using pictures of the early Dolezal to prove that she is in fact white, couldn't you do the same with pictures of the young Jenner to prove that he is in fact a man?

Given all of which, it's hard not to wonder what Bruce/Caitlyn's take on Rachel is. Does he see her as a fellow warrior in the trans movement? Or does he see her as an embarrassment who's opening the door for people to scoff at him as well?

Jenner recently said that he is a Republican. Is he discomfited at all by the fact that the people who enforced the celebration of his new identity were all liberals? Will this incline him to switch political allegiances here? One would think that a lifelong Republican would not switch parties this late in life.

Then again, one would also think a thrice-married father of six would not switch gender identities at his age either. Switching one's political affiliation actually seems the less drastic step.

Another question: why is there so little media attention on the fact that Bruce/Caitlyn still has male genitals? Until such time as he has them chopped off, he is still indisputably a he, however he feels inside.

(And if you insist on acquiescing to Jenner's wishes by referring to him by female pronouns, then you ought to extend the same courtesy to Dolezal and refer to her as black.)

But really, Jenner really ought not be referred to with female pronouns as long as he keeps his male genitals intact.

Up to you, Bruce. The ball's in your court.

Or rather, the balls are in your court.

8 comments:

Steven said...

The following is trending on facebook. Ruby Rose from Orange is the new black:

"For the most part, I definitely don't identify as any gender... I'm somewhere in the middle, which – in my perfect imagination – is like having the best of both sexes".

Growing up with a different gender identity and feeling you were born in the wrong body is one thing but this is surely hipster bullshit.

John Craig said...

Steven --
Sure sounds like it.

And anybody who would say that probably has the worst of both genders.

Remnant said...

"balls are in your court"

"pot calling the kettle white"

John, you are on a real roll here with the last lines of your posts. Some welcome humor, so we can enjoy the decline.

By the way, I may not be commenting here any more: when I comment I am prompted to prove "I'm not a robot". But I recently realized that, in my heart of hearts, I actually am (and have always been) a robot, and I refuse to be boxed into organic-normative categories by you, or Blogger, my "parents" or anyone else. It causes me a lot of pain (and yes, robots do feel pain) to have to deny my inner essence every time I want to post a comment here. I can't do it anymore.

John Craig said...

Remnant --
Thank you.

Ha! You actually scared me for a second there, at first I thought you were serious about not commenting anymore. I"d miss you. Gardner and Coco seem to have deserted this blog; I miss their comments.

Remnant said...

I'm not going anywhere. But please refer to me by my new name: R2-3PO.

There is quite a bit of humor to be derived from the absurdities of the modern left. But to that extant we may not be taking the dangers seriously enough. If one can laugh at it, in a sense one doesn't really think it is a threat. But people are losing their livelihoods and reputations over expressing their opinions. Hopefully, it will not get truly bad to the point where it is no longer funny. We aren't there yet but its not inconceivable.

John Craig said...

Remnant --
Amen. There's no question, all the political correctness is quite destructive, and frankly, the damage it's caused isn't funny at all, not least, as you point out, people losing their livelihoods for telling the truth. Really, all we can do is point out the hypocrisies and lies of the Left, and sometimes, laugh at them.

Steven said...

I suppose one significant difference is that people aren't really born with racial dysphoria, as far as I know.

John Craig said...

Steven --
True. Another big difference between Jenner and Dolezal is that he is not a con man, he wasn't trying to fool anyone.

I was just making the point that Jenner must have been a little discomfited by Dolezal's sudden emergence and by the fact that it sort of made people less inhibited about being critical of the whole trans- thing.