Search Box

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

"30 girls involved in a bloody school fight over a boy"

My first reaction to seeing the headline above was, hah, every boy's dream. Then I wondered what kind of girls these are. So I read the article, the first two paragraphs of which were:

PITTSBURGH — A school official says about 30 girls were involved in a bloody brawl at a Pittsburgh school after a fight over a boy got out of hand.

Pittsburgh Public Schools spokeswoman Ebony Pugh says about 30 University Prep students have been arrested after the Monday morning fight. She says one student was taken to a hospital for an asthma attack.


The clue as to what type of girls these were, in case you missed it, is in the second paragraph (look again).

Yep, you got it: they were attending University Prep -- they're preppies!

Call me prejudiced, but somehow I just knew it. With preppies, even the females get into brawls. Boy, it sure never takes much for them to act like a bunch of violent savages. 

7 comments:

arthur thurman said...

I see what you did there. Haha
Noticing things that aren't supposed to be noticed.

John Craig said...

Arthur! Where have you been? It's good to hear from you again.

Anonymous said...

From the video attached to the article, the first student that's interviewed, what is she wearing on her head? Is that a shower cap? I went to prep school years ago but I haven't been keeping up with the trends. Maybe it's for protection? Go to any prep school and you'll see weaves strewn throughout the hallways (from various fights).

-taylor

John Craig said...

Taylor --
Ha, yes, that does look like a shower cap. Give her points for creativity, I guess.

arthur thurman said...

Life became very busy for awhile there. Finally took my four foot thick medical record to the VA to start my claim. Been keeping up with your blog faithfully, just haven't been able to post. Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Good luck and prayers being said for you.

John Craig said...

Arthur --
Good luck with the VA. I hope the stories I've heard about the delays and so on aren't true….Thanks for reading.

Prostate cancer isn't necessarily a big deal, it's far more common than I realized when I was first diagnosed, and the slowest-growing form of cancer there is. I'm taking care of a few things right now, and will start treatment in a few weeks. I'm far less worried about dying from the cancer than I am about the side effects of treatment.

Anyway, good to hear from you.

Lucian Lafayette said...

They may call it a "prep" school but those students sure aren't WASPs.