Search Box

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Trump's "Grab 'em by the pussy" comment

Here's Trump's infamous quote, word for word:

You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

What most people seem to have ignored are the five words, "they let you do it." 

By definition, if they let you do it, it's consensual. And that was the whole point of Trump's boast. 

"Grab 'em by the pussy" isn't a particularly romantic formulation. And, taken out of context, it does imply a certain forcefulness. But it's true that if you're a star, women are far more likely to accept and even encourage awkward passes.

Trump wasn't entirely right, as we can see from all the famous people being taken down by #Metoo. But to deny that some women are dazzled by stardom is to deny human nature. 

Trump's comment may have shown what an egotistical buffoon he is, but it did not reveal him to be guilty of assault.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The AMAZING thing is that all these leftists read Trump's comments as a confession to an actual act which he has performed. They are not.

The analogy is, let's say that you MISTER CRAIG are asking me about agriculture (possibly you know a lot about agriculture, and farm ways, this is all hypothetical) and you say, "SO, GUINEA HENWEED, how do they hypnotize chickens, anyway?"

To which I respond, "You just pick up the chicken, holding its thighs or feet in your left hand, with your right hand firmly securing the chicken's head and neck from behind, much like how you pick up a cat by the scruff of its neck...then you whirl around in a circle, counterclockwise or as we say in the industry 'widdershins,'for thirty-one revolutions... then you carefully place the chicken back down on the ground, the chicken is now hypnotized, and will be waiting there motionless until you have some need for it later."

Now, did I just confess to hypnotizing chickens? I DON'T THINK SO. I have never hypnotized a chicken in my life. I just told you how it is done, based on my knowledge of the world and my flexible but low standards for evidence.

I assert that TRUMP's remarks about pussy-grabbing (in the manner which would be sexual assault such that A PRUDENT BILLIONAIRE MIGHT AVOID IT) are exactly the same as my non-confessional discourse on hypnotizing the common domestic fowl or chicken.

====GUINEA HENWEED

John Craig said...

GUINEA HENWEED --
Well to be honest if I heard you say that I'd assume you had done that, most people wouldn't remember all that and have it at the tip of their tongue unless they'd had some experience. But my point was different: if the chicken LETS you do it, then it's not hypnosis/assault, it's consensual hypnosis. (So to speak.)

Steven said...

I've heard of women who were raped say that they were scared or didn't want to get hurt so they just let him do it and didn't resist. I think they make that kind of sinister interpretation of the words...when you're a rich, famous, powerful guy you can do what you want without asking and they will just go along with it. I think Trump did mean they consent if you are a star but the critics aren't necessarily ignoring those words so much as interpreting them in a more rapey way.

John Craig said...

Steven --
I suppose that's true. And, at a certain level, he did have some power over a number of young and beautiful women via his ownership of the Miss Universe contest. But I do think he was a guy who took no for an answer. The rest of his conversation with Billy Bush turned to a woman he had chased who had rebuffed him. And for him, that was that, meaning he didn't try to intimidate her into consenting. And I've never heard of any of those Miss Universe contestants complain, other than Alicia Machado saying that he criticized her weight gain.