Search Box

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lemmings

I've never quite understood the Black Friday mass insanity. Whenever I look at the advertised prices, it usually seems there are better deals to be had later in the year, in the post-Christmas sales, or end-of-the-season sales for clothing.

The idea of braving the crowds in the stores and possibly getting into a tussle over a piece of merchandise which is on sale is about as appealing as joining a stampede off a cliff.

Or maybe it's just that after an entire day of being on their best behavior with their in-laws at Thanksgiving, people are actually that desperate to get out of their homes -- at midnight if need be. And maybe all that enforced good behavior puts them in such a bad mood they're spoiling for a fight the next day.

I can't think of any other explanation.

2 comments:

Glen Filthie said...

You may be right John. My in-laws drove me crazy for years. Every Christmas left me wanting to leave earlier. Last couple years I just dropped the charade and stayed home. That family is nuts - and holidays should be about relaxing, introspection and contemplation. I don't need the hassle.

Bah humbug.

John Craig said...

Glen --
I don't blame you.