Search Box

Friday, November 9, 2012

Yep, that must be the reason

David Petraeus just resigned as head of the CIA because he had an extramarital affair after 37 years of marriage.

I honestly cannot recall anybody else who resigned from public office this way. There have been people who have been caught in affairs, and have stopped running for public office as a result. But to -- as best I can tell -- volunteer that he had an affair, and then just quit?

Especially a guy who's in charge of the CIA, who runs all the top secret cloak and dagger black ops that this country engages in. He's really that straight-laced?

I mean, I've seen the James Bond movies, and, well.....how disappointing.

Looks to me as if Petraeus was just looking for an excuse to get out, and this was the best he could come up with.

He should have tried something a little more credible, like the classic "wanted to spend more time with his family" line.

Yep, an affair. I'm sure this had nothing to do with how the administration refused aid to those four men who were killed in Benghazi. And I'm sure the timing -- three days after the election -- was entirely a coincidence.

5 comments:

Dave Moriarty said...

the FBI 'discovered' this by looking at his computer.

why is the FBI rummaging thru the computer of the head of the CIA??

Did his contract have no affairs clause?
this is yet another items where the 'real story is not going to be offered but this story will substitute for the real story.




John Craig said...

Dave --
Exactly. If everyone in DC who had an affair resigned, we'd have to have elections again next week.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more.

Dave Moriarty said...

well the "real" story is emerging and let's face it, this is much more interesting than the fiscal cliff.

This guy has a whole Team of women interested in him and they are willing to fight to keep his attention. How great is this!

these CIA guys would seem required to have secret lives just to keep their interest in things.

if you spend all day creating misinformation and finding ways to spy on people and learn their secrets would you not feel obliged to have our own secrets?
i think a requirement to run the cia should be to have at least two families who don't know of each other.


John Craig said...

Dave --
Ha! I think you're right. The story gets juicier and juicier, and I'm almost beginning to believe that his resignation IS about the messy affair. (I still don't quite believe it, but it is becoming more believable.) I've known two guys whom I'm fairly sure were CIA, and both were/are prolific womanizers, so I think that in itself isn't reason to resign. But I guess the guy at the top has to be a little more like Caesar's wife.