Search Box

Sunday, August 10, 2014

In anger veritas

Whenever people say "That wasn't me, it was the alcohol talking," what they're really saying is, "I would never have blurted out the truth like that if I hadn't become so uninhibited thanks to my drinking."

I suppose this is why people talk about blowing off some steam with a few drinks.

Being angry is like being drunk: it makes you tell the truth. I might as well say, that wasn't me talking, that was just the anger. As a nondrinker, I usually refrain from harsh truths unless I'm angry -- other than on my blog.

Which, in a roundabout way, sorta makes this blog my substitute for drinking.

2 comments:

Gilbert Ratchet said...

Try "in ira veritas" for the full Latin effect!

John Craig said...

Gilbert --
Ha! You're right, of course, but if I did that it would mean pretending to be more sophisticated than I am.