Search Box

Friday, May 5, 2017

"Man admits posting photo of murdered dog to get back at wife"

Here are the first three paragraphs of this NY Post article from today:

The dog of an estranged Oklahoma couple became a casualty in their bitter lover’s quarrel when the husband killed the pet as revenge.

John Samuel Hise Sr. confessed to murdering the dog and then posting photos on Facebook to upset his wife, who he claimed cheated on him with his brother, according to news station KFOR.

The Facebook post came with a cryptic message: “What or who is next I on a [roll],” Hise said.

Here's a picture of Hise:


We don't know enough about Hise to say he's a sociopath, but his actions are all of a piece. 

Long term marital squabbles can result in a lot of anger, but most people wouldn't go so far as to kill their spouse's beloved dog. What kind of guy would? The kind who came from a family which inspired so little loyalty that the brothers would screw each other's wives. 

Hise's implied threat to his wife -- that he's on a roll and that she's next -- also fits. His original words, "What or who is next I (sic) on a role (sic) today," imply that he's not too bright, either. (Not that IQ has anything to do with character -- sociopaths come in a full range of IQ's.) 

At first glance, Hise's raised eyebrows and wrinkled forehead would seem to indicate concern, but if you look more closely, there seems to be a certain self-righteousness written into his features (though that could be my imagination).

I also can't help but notice his thin lips. Long term readers of this blog may remember all the times I've pointed out how heterosexual Caucasian sociopaths often seem to have those near-lipless mouths. I know it makes no sense, and I can't think of a reason why it would be so, but I keep seeing it. 

Anyway, it's always gratifying somehow when you see someone who seems fairly easy to figure out. The next post will be about someone I can't figure out.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the link between sociopaths and their physiognomy is why serpents are associated with evil/the devil.

B

Anonymous said...

That liplessness, a sort of sign of low anxiety, when we age our muscles on our face act according:
http://media.carbonated.tv/131053_story__bush-agingtonylamarca.jpg
Example of typical rapid aging on the face from stress.
The opposite, a life of low anxiety and smugness etches itself onto your face. This man in the photo who killed his dog has no grey hairs either.
Also I notice I can retract my own lips to make myself look more lipless, it's also an expression too, a sort of sign when posing like "hmmph, like you can even touch me!"

-Ga

John Craig said...

Ga --
Our lips thin as we age, but the complete liplessness of a lot of sociopaths is striking, and it's evident even before they age. If you type "thin lips" into the subject bar of this blog, you'll get a lot of posts in which I point this out.

When I make my lips like that it's usually because I'm angry.

Dave Moriarty said...

The judicial system ought to identify this guy as an imminent organ donor . Next person in the list for an organ step right up but don't expect any empathy from his heart

Anonymous said...

Interestingly, if sociopaths donate their organs, I would not want to have any organs from such a person. I've read that all of our memories are stored in us, down to the cellular level. If that's the case, I wouldn't want to "access" any sordid business from the donor's past, negatively affecting me in my daily, present life.

- Susan

Anonymous said...

Not too long ago, I read a disturbing article about a young female vet (who had been medically discharged from the army). This young woman and her psycho boyfriend took her service dog and viciously killed it, all for sport. Just looking at photos of her and thinking about her actions made me feel sick to my stomach. Sociopaths, such as the man discussed in this post, I just don't get, killing an innocent animal to seek revenge over your ex-spouse. May the animals be in peace. The way the animals died, absolutely sickening.

- Susan

Unknown said...

That thin lip syndrome - I'm sure you have noticed how prevalent it is among the mover and shakers of the world. Think of all the people associated with the people who run this country. The people surrounding Reagan and George W stand out particularly.

John Craig said...

Douglas --
I just looked up Reagan's cabinet, and yes, that's amazing, a lot of them had really thin lips. Carlucci, Thornburgh, Baker, Bennett, Meese, Cheney, Regan, Haid, Donovan, Weinberger. Some of them may have been because of age, but a lot of it was just what they were. And yes, with George W: Gates, Chertoff, Rumsfeld, Cheney (again), Ridge, O'Neill, and Ashcroft. You have a great memory to remember all of them.

I should probably emphasize that while an extraordinarily high percentage of (white, heterosexual) serial killers have those thin lips, that doesn't mean that thin lips in and of themselves necessarily mean anything bad.

John Craig said...

Susan --
I read that article about the female vet too. Yes, sickening.

By the way, I don't think that "cellular memory" means that our kidneys or livers would remember bad deeds we've done; I would have no problem accepting an organ from a former serial killer, provided he was physically healthy. But I can see why some would shy away from that.

"I have Ted Bundy's heart" wouldn't sound right, as Dave pointed out above.

Anonymous said...

Are there any white heterosexual sociopath males with big thick lips?
Do they act differently?
I wonder if people who have big noses are actually very nosy, which is where the term came from.

(That was a joke, but some Greek philosopher probably claimed that I think, my memory of reading something about it is fuzzy).

By the way, do you think Alton Brown is gay?

-Ga

Anonymous said...

Does the thin lip syndrome apply to female sociopaths as well?

- Susan

John Craig said...

Ga --
I'm sure there must be. I honestly don't know enough to have an opinion on that (whether they act differently). Did you ever type "thin lips" into the subject box of this blog?

I hadn't even heard of Alton Brown until you mentioned him just now (so don't have an opinion on your question). I did Google-Image him though, and the overly ham expressions and bow tie and stylish glasses do give off that air.

John Craig said...

Susan --
If you type "thin lips" into the subject bar of this blog, you'll see a couple instances I've pointed out of them, but I've noticed the correlation more strongly with male sociopaths.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading lately about the Bernie Maddoff debacle. Bernie has thin lips.

- Susan

John Craig said...

Susan --
You're right, he does.

I feel a little as if I'm crazy talking about the correlation, because I can think of absolutely no reason why it would be so, but I keep seeing it over and over.