Search Box

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Who is the Greatest All-Around Female Swimmer of All Time?

Another article I wrote for Swimmingworld.com:

http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/lane9/news/25001.asp?q=Who%20Is%20The%20Greatest%20All-Around%20Female%20Swimmer%20of%20All%20Time?

While writing the article last week on who the best all-around male swimmer in history was, I had a sudden moment of panic: who was I to be sitting in judgment of this Olympian array of all-time greats and declaring all but one of them wanting? Wasn't this awfully presumptuous of me, to be the self-appointed judge of these six finalists, each of whom was around a million times better than I ever was? Was this not the height of egotism?

But then I thought, ah, that's what all sportswriters do. And the feeling passed.

No comments: