Search Box

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thin lips

              (John Boyer, described in the previous post)

Don't know why, but I keep noticing that white sociopaths tend to have abnormally thin lips. It seems a specious correlation -- the lips don't contain the part of the brain which regulates decency -- but it's been too strong a correlation not to notice.

It's not always true, and it doesn't apply to non-Caucasian sociopaths, but with whites it seems to be true more often than not. I've noticed this with the sociopaths I've known personally, and also those I've seen only in photos.

It reminds me of how in the old days, fiction writers used to describe villains as being "thin-lipped," or having "cruel thin lips."

Why would this be so? I have no idea.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gertrude Baniszewski was a definite sociopath (a film was made about her cruelty) and she had very thin lips. Other than her, I don't know of enough female sociopaths on whom to test this observation.

John Craig said...

Anon --
Wow, you weren't kidding. I just read the Wiki bio of her, and Baniszewski was textbook, utterly without compassion. And yes, she had those thin lips.

Anonymous said...

I read your post about John Boyer. He definitely has thin lips. I get really irked with the mothers who cause their child(ren) to become sociopaths. To me, they've basically destroyed a human being.

- Susan

John Craig said...

Susan --
That's true, but it's also the case that the mothers are usually sociopaths themselves, and the reason they're that way is because THEIR mothers were as well.......and so on.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the cycle of abuse...

- Susan