Search Box

Monday, January 7, 2013

The love gov

Former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer was in the news again today for quitting his job as a host at Current TV after it was sold to Al Jazeera.

The New York Post article referred to the infamous Client Number 9 as "the love gov" and mentioned that he still hopes for a political comeback despite the prostitution scandal which brought him down.

Back in July of 2012, this blog suggested some headlines for Anthony Weiner, who is also evidently contemplating another run.

In the same spirit, here are some slogans for Spitzer (not all of which work in conjunction with each other):


C'mon, with a face like this, I had to pay for it.

I'm a politician, whadja expect?

Don't worry, I'm getting too old to be interested in that stuff anymore.

I will not whore myself out to special interests.

Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. But extremism in the pursuit of vice is sort of liberating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My slogan for Spitzer:

"I may have screwed them, but I didn't stiff them."
unlike this guy:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/01/women-sen-bob-menendez-paid-us-for-sex-in-the-dominican-republic/

John Craig said...

Anon --
Wow, hadn't heard that about Menendez. Maybe the women reminded him of Bianca J.

I suspect if he was Republican this would have gotten more publicity.