Search Box

Saturday, June 14, 2014

What's good for the goose...

The IRS told Congress yesterday that it has lost two years worth of Lois Lerner's emails because of a computer crash.

Some cynics might regard that as a rather, um, convenient excuse.

Personally, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, my own computer crashed in March, so all of my stock trading records have been lost, and I won't be able to pay my taxes this year.

I just hope the IRS is willing to extend me the same trust I've shown them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John--That's actually hysterically funny! By the way, from what I understand, one can always go into the computer and get anything that's been deleted or lost if enough effort is made--apparently they didn't want to make the effort. Happy Father's Day. Brian

John Craig said...

Brian --
Thank you, and Happy Father's Day to you.

I don't know enough about computers to have a knowledgeable opinion about how salvageable a crashed hard drive is, but it's hard not to be suspicious here. Especially since they came up with that answer a full year after they were given the request for the emails.

Anonymous said...

The story is total BS. Did her underlings and supervisors also lose all their emails ?

If the IRS was a private business, those in charge would face prosecution for obstruction of justice.

The NY times would have been hammering the Bush administration daily if the republicans had been targeting liberal groups with the IRS ....

John Craig said...

Anon --
Thank you, you are exactly right. The hypocrisy of the Times and their ilk is staggering (not that it's anything new).