Search Box

Monday, December 19, 2011

The fourth Kardashian sister


When I saw this picture of Jersey Shore's Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi in the New York Post this morning, it hit me who she really is.

If she actually were part of that family, her sisters would  probably look down on her for being shorter, less intelligent, and so on. But really, the similarities -- especially of character and talent -- are far greater than the differences.

Don't worry, I won't make any portentous comments about how their television shows herald the end of civilization or some such. I actually think it's a positive comment on our society that it can provide such worthless people such a splendid living.

And yes, I am completely ashamed of myself for even knowing who any of them they are.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can proudly say that I know very little of the Kardashian family, and I've never seen one episode of Jersey Shore, but based on what I've heard from others, your phrase "worthless cast of characters" sums it up perfectly.

John Craig said...

Anonymous --
You're a better man than me. I've seen two or three minutes of the Kardashian show a few times, and I've sat through an entire episode of Jersey Shore.

Anonymous said...

Why do I know so much about all these types of people that add so little to our lives besides providing gross spectacles of one sort or another? I don't actively seek out information about them yet my mind is cluttered with trivia concerning their habits, marriages, comings and goings, etc. There must be some form of mental osmosis that takes place automatically, scooping up information available in the environment regardless of whether or not it's particularly pertinent to the individual. I'd like to be able to de-clutter my brain; push a button and thereby know nothing about the K family or the rest of the entire kit-kaboodle.

John Craig said...

Anon--
Well said.

Information about these types is hard to avoid. If you ever channel surf at night you're going to stumble across them, and they're all over the internet.

Anonymous said...

I guess Rob Kardashian's fiancee could be considered a "fourth Kardashian sister." That gal is playing Rob, getting what she wants from him. I feel sorry for him, hoping that he would wake up and drop her ASAP.

- birdie

John Craig said...

Birdie --
Not familiar with that situation (and don't intend to be), but somehow that's not surprising.

Anonymous said...

Rob is engaged to a black woman, Blac Chyna (who is pregnant with his baby). I imagine Rob's father would be rolling in his grave. She looks like a stripper.

- birdie

John Craig said...

Birdie --
Ah, I've heard of her. I just Google-imaged her, and yes, she is totally grotesque. She looks like a black version of that Russian girl who tried to make herself look like a Barbie doll, except she's fat. And it looks as if she not only has breast implants but butt implants as well. Yikes.